Welcome to Aim for the Cat!

Welcome to our blog! Ground rules: Enjoy our blog. Then tell your friends to visit and enjoy our blog. Then they will follow these rules and our empire will expand. This will eventually lead to our ruling the world, which will be a good thing.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Movie Review: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a title that I could've just said as "Ninja Turtles"

I really wish I could find normal-sized posters.
I saw this with my dad and my sister Friday the 8th, and it was better than I expected. I must say, though, that I no hope for it.
From the first time I saw the trailer, I had this sort of "nah" feeling about it. Mostly it was because of two reasons: the first was the animation of the turtles, which was weird at first. The real-life sorta style felt very strange to me, I can't quite put my finger on why, but it just threw me off.
The second was Michael Bay appearing... somewhere. I don't remember how the other Transformers movies were, but I saw the fourth one (which was my first post) and went BLEGHLEEEHHHH. So I became very, really, incredibly, tremendously, horribly, terribly, insanely scared.
However! It was quite good. I can't quite judge it as a continuation of the rest of the TMNT stuff, since there isn't a whole lot of it that I've watched, but it was pretty good. 4 out of 5 stars, I guess, since there were still some mistakes.

SPOILAH MOAD ACTEEVATEHD

Spoilah moad acteevatehd. U haf bean ward.
There wasn't a whole lot that stuck out as being gecky, but one thing (and another to a lesser extent) is irksome.
When the three turtles (- Raphael) are stuck in the mountain base laboratory, they lose a ton of blood to the pumpy things. April, Raphael, and "that old guy," as Michelangelo calls him, go to rescue them. April just sort of... pumps some adrenaline into them. She doesn't even give them any blood back, some of which is still in the pumpytubes. And then they completely tear apart the cells that they were unable to break before.
Wat? Ppplllbbblblblblpppp.
The second thing is when Shredder (whose robot redesign is frickin' amazing, but slightly unnecessary) power-steps on Raphael's shell and it cracks, he's still able to fight well with no problem. Wat2? Ppplllbbblblblblpppp2.

Overall, though, it was very excellent, with nice humor and action and stuff. And the thing at the end where Michelangelo blows up "that old guy's" (no, I can't remember his name) car was priceless. PRESLIIIIIISCE

No comments:

Post a Comment