Welcome to Aim for the Cat!

Welcome to our blog! Ground rules: Enjoy our blog. Then tell your friends to visit and enjoy our blog. Then they will follow these rules and our empire will expand. This will eventually lead to our ruling the world, which will be a good thing.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Post Number Three! Or Two? Who Knows? Numbers are for losers anyway. Here- Secondary Introductory Post. There.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Aim for the Cat, a humor/entertainment/media/what/commentary blog hosted by myself, Tomás González, and my brother, Phillip Leon. As I mentioned in the title, this will serve as a secondary (albeit slightly more complete) introductory post. Secondary to the post my brother ran recently. I will give brief descriptions of both of us, as well as dictating what I imagine will be the content of the blog.
My name (again), is Tomás González. I'm known here and there as CommanderZel and I run a few things, like a tumblr and a couple of youtube channels, to which I shall post links. This will be my first foray into the grand world of... Well... Journalism, essentially. I have come to see blogs more as amateur reporting on current events and the like than anything else. Whether others share my views or not, that's where I stand. So these will be documentations of my life, my brother's life, our worlds, the worlds of science-fiction, fantasy, gaming, and whatever else we feel like writing about.

So now I'll get into serious introductions:

I am Tomás. Again. Still. Whatever. I am an eighteen-year-old entity (I'm male and identify that way, I just feel weird calling myself a MAN because it seems so masculine and socially expected and stuff and I just don't really gel with that image, being an actor and singer and stuff. But we'll get to that) who lives in Northern California. That might seem like a lot of information, but I'm an adult and I feel comfortable with it. I won't give my brother's information because that's his business. At any rate, my hobbies include: Rock climbing, reading, acting, singing, playing guitar (terribly), gaming, and lazing. My brother enjoys the same things sans rock climbing and playing guitar, as far as I know. I like music in general, but specifically metal and Irish music. I listen to a lot of Prog Rock and Prog Metal, some heavy electronic music, a bit of symphonic metal, fantasy metal, whatever. Lots of Irish folk, a huge amount of classic rock, and a tiny bit of current pop. My brother likes the Tron Legacy soundtrack. That's about all I know. Although it's a fantastic soundtrack and if you haven't listened to it or seen the movie, I strongly suggest you do both.

In high school I did a lot of performance art. I took three hours of assorted performance art my freshman year, four hours my sophomore year, and five my junior and senior years. My brother's on the same track. Now I know it sounds like I probably got beat up a lot in high school, but my school actually had this really phenomenal arts magnet program which basically made our school the biggest high school in CA north of San Fran in addition to giving arts students of every kind a fighting chance. I received a college-level education in two performance arts for free, what with my school being a public school and all. It's an amazing school and I had a phenomenal time there.

I do have a girlfriend. I'm saying this in case she comes up in future posts (I have no doubt that she will). I won't name her in consideration of her privacy, but this will serve as a sort of introduction for her. She loves Disney in all its' forms and she loves to sing. She genuinely has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard in my life and I really do believe that she could be a broadway star or something someday. I also have no idea if she'll read this.

Apart from all that, there is one thing that my brother and I cherish above all other things:
NERDDOM
My brother and I are massive dorks. In our spare time we hypothesize about Star Wars and other sci-fi wonders, we geek out about things like Myo (I'll be writing a post about that next week, I think), and we talk about movies like The Lego Movie, which was fantastic and if you think otherwise you should leave.
To put things into perspective, I wear a lego earring.

I think that adequately prepares you for the chaotic mess that will soon be our blog.
Avante!

No comments:

Post a Comment