Welcome to Aim for the Cat!

Welcome to our blog! Ground rules: Enjoy our blog. Then tell your friends to visit and enjoy our blog. Then they will follow these rules and our empire will expand. This will eventually lead to our ruling the world, which will be a good thing.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Someday I'll get my schedule fixed, rawrgh

This is being posted the moment it becomes October
happy October peoplez
on a different note
I would love to have regular blog posts
but
you see
It just can't be
...
*sigh*
Anyway, to express my frustration with not being able to get my blog posts in on time (and a lot of other things), I'll write a story about what I fantasize when I'm angry or upset. Don't judge if you think it's weird.


It was really the type of day to be inside; just sort of lazing around, not doing much of anything. The grey sky made promises of soon-to-come rainstorms.
Nobody got to be lazy, though. The PE teacher wasn't payed to do nothing.
The soccer game was going slowly. The teams, unstrategically thrown together, as all PE teams are, really had no idea what they were doing. There were a few trying, though. Mostly all the people who were physically talented.
But one wasn't physically talented.
He got to be on my team.
He was disgusting. Nearly every kick he launched missed by a mile, and if it did hit, it went off in the completely wrong direction.
I thought it time to confront him. What was he doing? Why did he... suck so much?
I asked him as such.
"You think I'm bad?" He sounded as though he actually thought he was any more than garbage.
"Yes. You're terrible. I'm wondering why the teacher even put you on the same team as me."
"I'd watch my words, if I were you." His glare was baleful, yet slightly disinterested, as though I were no immediate threat.
I gave a mirthless chuckle. "I'm not scared of you, little wimp."
"No, you're not. Not yet." He grinned maliciously, as though there was something he wasn't telling me. Of course, there wasn't; how could he possibly beat me in a battle of any kind?
Nonetheless, I wondered what the heck he meant.
Without warning, he stepped back a few paces.
"You may want to stand back."
Nobody listened. They just stared with a skeptical look, disbelieving that he could do anything to touch me.
He knelt down on one knee. The rest of the class started to giggle.
He reached to the ground with one hand, only fingertips making contact. His weight shifted to his arm.
Some of the class began to laugh openly.
Tendrils of red light started to flow from the ground, up his arm, surrounding him with a bright red aura.
The class was silent.
The glow flashed into a blinding red light. Fireballs of energy spun around the red sphere, turning it into a dazzling light show of reds and oranges. The sphere began to float up into the air.
Once it was maybe twenty feet off the ground, the sphere shattered. Shards of red energy flew and dissipated in midair.
A draconic figure emerged from the sphere; long, ragged wings stretched from a slim, streamlined body. Its body was mostly bright orange, with a cream underside that stretched all the way from its slender, fire-tipped tail to its fierce-looking jaw. The leathery skin of its wings was deep blue underneath, in sharp contrast to the rest.
It let out a deep-throated cry. A blast of fire flew into sky, and the clouds that were once there dispersed. The sun shone with an intensity no-one could bear.
The dragon landed heavily and turned to face me.
I could hear the words he would've said, had he been human:
"Are you scared now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment